The CMD-IT University Award recognizes US institutions that have demonstrated a strong commitment to increasing the computer science baccalaureate degree production of minorities and students with disabilities, through effective retention programs. The CMD-IT University Award includes:
- Monetary Prize of $15,000
- An Award
- Invitation to give an presentation at the faculty workshop at Tapia 2021
Award decisions will be based on quantitative and qualitative reporting of results. The qualitative report in the application must include a description of the retention programs in place, as well as details about the unit that awards the undergraduate computer science degree, and contextual details about the institution. The quantitative report in the application includes a five year history of retention data for different groups of students.
All nominations will remain confidential. Each participating university will receive a detailed report that summarizes the data across all participating institutions. Past award recipients cannot submit a nomination for up to three years beyond the award.
Nominate your university!
The nomination process entails a two step process.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Once your nomination form has been received, you will be sent an excel file to provide your five year history of retention data and details regarding your retention programs. Your complete package must be submitted via the link provided by June 15, 2021.
2021 CMD-IT University Award Deadlines
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2021.
- Notification date: July 14, 2021.
The University Award Recognition will take place at the 2021 ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference
For questions regarding the CMD-IT University Award nominations, please send us a message by selecting “University Award” for the subject on our contact us page.